You may be throwing away your money on piano lessons if ....
1) You don't need to improve brain health and memory capacity. Studies show learning to play an instrument increases motor control, listening, and memory. The benefits are more than for just playing the piano but spill over into every part of your life. Do any google search of 'brain benefits of piano lessons' and you will get page after page of scientific evidence of this.
2) You have no stress in your life. According to the National Library of Medicine, learning to play a musical instrument is a prescription to a less stressful life. It provides a peaceful retreat from the pressures of daily life. Therapeutic outcomes of playing music include better communication skills, improved emotional release, and decreased anxiety and agitation. Musical training promotes cognitive function, mental health, and a connection to others.
3) You don't like to encourage creativity and connect to culture. With the right teacher, piano lessons opens up a whole new world of songs from other cultures, other time periods, and other styles. This connects and individual to the bigger picture of life and their world. It, then, opens up to inclusiveness of different cultures in expands their thinking for creativity.
4) You have mastered time management and problem solving. Taking piano lessons help you to learn the power of consistency and improvisation in your time management. On one hand, when you fail to plan, you plan to fail, so planning a consistent time of practice is crucial. However, life happens so this is where improvisation kicks in. Like music, finding flow and rhythm in your time management, brings about harmony in your life. This can also apply to problem solving. Music is both logical and creative so it uses both sides of your brains and teaches you to 'figure things out'.
5) You or your child don't need help with self-esteem. Learning to play piano and experiencing the excitement of mastery after learning a piece of music is a powerful way to boost one’s confidence and boost's one's self esteem.
So, as you can see, piano lessons COULD be a waste of money..... BUT 'studies show', we believe, and other's can attest to the fact that piano lessons can change lives, families, cultures, and history. If you want to be a part of that, go to www.cglakeworth.org/lessons and get started today!